The Export feature has been recently updated. You now no longer need to have your own Azure File share.
Organizations often need to manipulate data outside their records management application to perform actions such as reporting, transfers and migration.
Exports gives the ability to export records from Records365 in a compliant format that can be used for your organization’s needs such as transferring records to the National Archives and other parties, sharing with others within your organizations as well as reporting on it.
Records365 supports the following export formats
- CSV, a metadata only export
- VEO, a format specific to Victorian Electronic Records Strategy (VERS) compliant products.
Performing an Export
To Export Records you need to be assigned to the Application Administrator or the Records Manager role. Alternatively, Record Visitors can be given the permission to Export Records through the use of Security Profiles. For more information on security profiles and permissions, see Security Profiles.
The export feature is available from the Records365’s Advanced Search feature.
- Goto Records365.
- Select Advanced Search.
- Perform a search for the records you would like to export.
- Select one or more records. Note that you will be able to export all search results, even if all are not selected.
- Select Export, you will see the slide bar. That’s where you will need to provide the required information for your export:
- Select the format type that the records will be exported to, either CSV or VEO
- Select which records to export:
- Selected items only: The records you manually selected from the search results
- All items: All records returned from your search
- Complete the Export to CSV or Export to VEO section for your export.
- For CSV exports, select the fields to be included in the export. Optionally you can choose an existing template, or save the fields as a template.
- For VEO exports all the mandatory information required for the VERS standard is to be supplied.
- Select Export to start your export.
When the export is finished, you will receive an email notification confirming it has been completed.
- Got to the Exports section.
- Your export will be displayed in the list.
- Select the Download button to download your export.
Please note, exports are deleted after 4 weeks.
Once a record has been exported, the following information on each record can be used to searching for previously exported items:
- Last Exported Date: the date when the record was last exported.
- Last Exported By: who triggered the last export on the record.
- Last Exported Format: the format the record was last exported on, either CSV or VEO.
The Export functionality also creates an Audit Event, viewed from the Audit tab of the record, for full traceability of the export operation.
Some things to consider:
- A maximum of 200,000 items can be exported in one transaction for VEO based exports, records selected in excess of this will be ignored.
- A maximum of 1,000,000 items can be exported in one transaction for CSV based exports, records selected in excess of this will be ignored.
Export templates allow the user to create a reusable list of columns to be exported, this leads to a quicker more consistent export. These templates can then be used by any user exporting content.
You can create templates from the export action, or from the administration area.
To create a template from the administration area.
- Select Administration > Configuration > Export
- You will see a list of templates that can be used for exporting records.
- Select New to create a new template.
- Enter a title, this will be used when selecting the template in the export action.
- In the Fields section, Add the fields to export.
- A dialog will appear with all available fields, pick the fields you want to add to the export.
- In addition, you can search for fields by using the search column filter
- Select Add
- You can change the order of the fields by dragging them up or down the field list.
- Select Add to make this template available in the export action.